Mirum focuses on finding and developing drugs for difficult to treat liver diseases. Our lead program is focused on two severe liver diseases in children, Alagille Syndrome and progressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis (PFIC). Both conditions can result in severe itching, liver damage and need for liver transplant. We are initiating Phase 3 clinical studies for approval in both settings and have breakthrough status with the FDA in PFIC2.
We are looking for an upbeat, organized, self-motivated, collaborative and detail-oriented A/P Accountant. The role requires being able to strategically prioritize activities to meet both short-term and long-term goals. This is a fantastic opportunity to make an impact, wear many hats, and be a part of an exciting growing biotech company. This position is located in Foster City and will report to the Senior Manager of Accounting, however working very closely with the VP, Controller.
- Accounting responsibilities include general accruals, prepaid assets, journal entry posting and account reconciliations.
- Responsible for accounts payable processing: invoice entry, account coding and proper period of entry.
- Oversight, management and audit of employee expense reports and corporate credit card.
- Responsible for contributing to the production of accurate and timely reporting of monthly / quarterly / annual results.
- Support the quarterly reviews and annual audit, including preparation of audit schedules.
- Contribute and support monthly and quarterly internal financial reporting packages, submissions for quarterly requirements, external reporting in public filings and annual filings with regulators.
- Help with development and implementation of internal controls, policies, procedures, and scalability improvements, including contributing to new system selections and implementation.
- Assist on projects and ad-hoc assignments as needed.
- Adapt to new tasks and responsibilities as the business expands.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting, finance or business.
- At least 3 years’ work experience in complex industry; the pharmaceutical/biotech preferred.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter, proactive thinker who seeks to continually improve business processes
- Passionate about accounting operations and willingness to roll up your sleeves.
- Meticulousness with details and precision while able to see ‘big picture.’
- Assertiveness, pro-activity, professionalism, and confidence.
- Ability to multi-task and handle pressure in an open office environment.
- This is a high growth, fast paced small organization. The ability to be productive and successful in a work environment is critical.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally will be on an as needed basis, but not a regular requirement of the job.
COMPENSATION AND CLASSIFICATION:
- Classification: Full-time position.
- Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with experience; includes equity package.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision, and more.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org