Mirum focuses on finding and developing drugs for difficult to treat liver diseases. Our programs are focused on cholestatic liver diseases in children and adults. Our drug candidates, maralixibat and volixibat, target the bile acid accumulation from cholestasis, and we believe our approach can address the underlying cause of symptoms, liver damage, and clinical outcomes. Our goal is to give families their lives back.
The Area Director (AD) will establish a strategy and build a team of Regional Account Managers (RAMs) to support the U.S. launch of maralixibat in the Eastern United States.
This top-performing commercial leader will possess broad experience in business ownership, leadership, analytics, and the implementation of innovative solutions. The AD will formulate an effective go-to-market plan, including establishing short- and long-term success and measurement criteria. It will be the responsibility of the AD to provide direction related to key priorities both within territories and create and implement an Area business plan that is organizationally approved and fully compliant with all laws.
The successful Area Director will have leadership experience, a proven track record of success, consistently achieving and exceeding performance goals. The ideal candidates are detail orientated, self-structured in their approach to their work, with the ability to manage relationships at all levels. The Area Director will have proven presentation and partner management skills and thrive in a rapid-paced and dynamic environment within a culture that relies on teamwork.
- Hire & lead a high performing and diverse team of commercial professionals
- Lead and coach team to set, evaluate and exceed performance expectations
- Ensure that team is equipped to address field market requests, customer service issues and challenges, with a sense of urgency and accountability
- Maximize commercial business opportunities and achieve/exceed sales goals
- Understand healthcare trends in the Rare Disease community and foster expectation field organization will develop strategies to mitigate account access challenges
- Employ strong organizational and analytical skills to optimize growth, including the ability to analyze complex data to develop strategic and actionable business plans
- Lead and maintain a culture of compliance, integrity, and transparency
- In addition to leading a team, perform limited direct account management in home geography
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with all internal departments
- Ability to analyze complex data to develop strategic and actionable business plans
- Drive change through influence and innovation
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Pharmaceutical sales experience required
- 15+ years commercial experience; 5+ years at managerial level desired
- Launch experience in leadership and driving growth businesses in undeveloped market
- Strong business relationships in GI/hepatology desired
- Rare and pediatric experience desired
- Competitive marketplace experience desired
- Track record of researching and problem-solving complex issues impacting HCP’s while mitigating barriers to patients access to care
- Prior product marketing, commercial operations, or account management experience is preferred
- Proven record of success through teamwork and execution
- Track record of operating in accordance with all regulations as well as company policy and procedures
- Demonstrates high ethical and performance standards with all business contacts
- Approximately 50% travel is required including overnight travel as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Possess a motivational and interpersonal communication style
- Strong presentation and management skills
- Scientific acumen and proficiency in highly specialized and complex diseases
- Detail-oriented and having precision while able to see “big picture”
- Assertiveness, pro-activity, professionalism, and confidence
- Extraordinary commitment to customer experience and standards of excellence
- Excellent organizational skills
- Self-motivated and ability to deal with ambiguity and problem solve
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with experience; includes equity package.
Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision, and more.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.