Mirum focuses on finding and developing drugs for difficult to treat liver diseases. Our programs are focused on cholestatic liver diseases in children and adults. Our drug candidates, maralixibat and volixibat, target the bile acid accumulation from cholestasis, and we believe our approach can address the underlying cause of symptoms, liver damage, and clinical outcomes. Our goal is to give families their lives back.
As Assistant Controller for this public company, you will work closely with the Controller to lead many aspects of accounting management, drive the formulation of internal controls and policies, and lead preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements. You will be central in leading and building the accounting team. You will utilize your existing accounting skills and knowledge, learn new skills, and play a key role in guiding the growth of the Accounting department.
- Management of accounting for manufacturing, non-clinical, consulting, and general administrative accruals. Once commercial, assist with revenue recognition and product costing.
- Oversee the monthly close process including account reconciliations/analyses for balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Review monthly financial statements and trend analyses to ensure that all results are proper and prepared in accordance with US GAAP guidelines.
- Oversight of international entities, intercompany, and consolidation.
- Coordinate and lead external financial audits.
- Assist with the build of accounting team; supervise team.
- Maintain accounting and reporting policies.
- Responsibility for the company’s SOX environment including developing, maintaining, and documentation of internal controls; initiate and drive process improvements.
- Assist in preparation of US GAAP financial statements and footnotes and other SEC filings.
- Prepare schedules requested by external tax advisors for corporate income tax returns and tax provision.
- Assist with build of global accounting team; supervise global team.
- Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to participating in special projects, system improvements, or ad hoc analyses/projects as assigned.
- Strong US GAAP and compliance experience.
- Public company, biotech industry experience required.
- Built and supervised a global accounting team (EU preferred).
- Minimum 12 years of related accounting experience including 2-4 years of experience as an Assistant Controller in a public company; prior experience working for a Big 4 public accounting firm preferred.
- Hands-on experience in managing general ledger related functions, including familiarity with accounting software such as NetSuite or similar.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in accounting required
- CPA required (inactive OK)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong work ethic
- Energy to commit to a fast-paced environment
- Must be detail-oriented yet not lost in the details
- Strong analytical skill
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize workload
- A team player and able to influence, train, and mentor staff to achieve objectives
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.