Medical Director, DACH
Mirum focuses on finding and developing drugs for difficult-to-treat liver diseases. Our programs are focused on cholestatic liver disease in children and adults. Our drug candidates, maralixibat and volixibat, target the bile acid accumulation from cholestasis, and we believe our approach can address the underlying cause of symptoms, liver damage, and clinical outcomes. Our goal is to give families their lives back.
The Medical Lead DACH is a Medical Affairs professional who is responsible for the leadership in development and implementation of medical strategy and tactics in the DACH region. They will establish and maintain relationships with thought leaders and other healthcare professionals (HCPs) as well as leading scientific exchange in DACH. This individual will also serve as scientific expert in the support of market access, commercial, regulatory, pharmacovigilance and compliance.
- Creates and implements DACH medical strategy and tactics in line with international/global medical strategy
- Planning and execution of DACH medical activities, including but not limited to Advisory Boards, Satellite and Standalone symposia, Workshops, etc.
- Identifies, can gain access to, and develops professional relationships with thought leaders and other healthcare professionals, active and potential study investigators, and professional organizations within DACH
- Engages in scientific exchange with thought leaders
- Supports research initiatives across development and provides support to clinical site investigators
- Utilizes scientific resources to deliver impactful presentations to varying audiences and in a variety of different settings including (but not limited to) advisory boards, patient advocacy groups, and payors
- Supports company-sponsored research, investigator-initiated research, and publications
- Supports DACH market access activities including (but not limited to) G-BA dossier, payor advisory board, G-BA hearings in Germany, and similar activities in Austria and Switzerland
- Supports DACH commercial activities including (but not limited to) symposia, promotional materials, team trainings
- Stays abreast of emerging scientific literature and clinical data
- Supports the congress and conference strategy, providing scientific support and communication of scientific insights
- Forecasting and managing the medical budget
- Completes other responsibilities in a timely manner, as assigned by the line manager
- Advanced science or clinical degree (e.g. MD, Pharm.D., PhD)
- 6+ years Medical Science Liaison, Medical Advisor/Manager, Medical Director experience preferred
- Rare disease experience or prior experience in hepatology and/or gastroenterology preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate scientific information
- Strong oral, written, and communication skills
- Fluency in English and German
- Able to travel frequently, up to 30% overnight travel and has a valid drivers’ license
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and willingness to learn new applications
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong business acumen
- Launch experience preferred
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.