Senior Director, Investor Relations
Mirum focuses on finding and developing drugs for difficult-to-treat liver diseases. Our programs are focused on cholestatic liver disease in children and adults. Our drug candidates, maralixibat and volixibat, target the bile acid accumulation from cholestasis, and we believe our approach can address the underlying cause of symptoms, liver damage, and clinical outcomes. Our goal is to give families their lives back.
Mirum is seeking an experienced professional to lead its investor relations function. Reporting to the CFO in this newly created role, the individual will play a key role in defining and executing a broad range of strategic and operational investor relations activities. This position will work with the senior leadership team to define and strengthen Mirum’s IR plan, external communications strategy across multiple platforms, elevate Mirum’s external profile, and expand the company’s investor base.
JOB FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and develop a high-performing investor relations operation that positions and ensures a clear understanding of the Company’s strategy, competitive position, operational performance, and value.
- Serve as a primary point of contact and develop, maintain, and enhance relationships with key stakeholders including the investment community and shareholders, investor and external public communities.
- Own external investor communications, including investor website, corporate overview presentations, investor call materials (script, Q&A, messaging, earnings press releases).
- Assess current investor base and identify new investors to target to convert to Mirum stockholders.
- Work with FP&A to manage/update consensus estimates and understand drivers of analysts’ financial models.
- Partner with corporate communications on integrated plan and execution.
- Work with corporate communications and other functions internally to develop integrated communications plan, including scientific publications and KOL events.
- Track progress against IR plan.
- Track and analyze competitive landscape across Mirum’s portfolio.
- Analyze impact of biopharmaceutical industry news and competitor news on Mirum’s operations and portfolio.
- Manage IR firm to provide additional support, as needed.
- Manage participation and 1×1 meetings during investor/banking conferences.
- Contribute to Mirum’s culture of compliance with IR function and across company, working with Legal, Finance, and Regulatory.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree (MBA, CFA, MSc, PhD or MD or similar) a plus.
- 8+ years of relevant investor relations leadership experience in pharmaceutical or biotech industries.
- Proven experience managing and leading through a time of transformation and growth.
- Demonstrated expertise in communicating and building relationships with analysts and portfolio managers.
- Ability to understand, assimilate, and communicate complex scientific and clinical information.
- Previous experience in rare disease or hepatology field a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong business acumen with a solid background in the pharma/biotech industry.
- Ability to work in a geographical and culturally diverse environment.
- Experience and demonstrated success with product launches .
- Senior leadership and Board interactions.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.