Mirum focuses on finding and developing drugs for difficult-to-treat liver diseases. Our programs are focused on cholestatic liver disease in children and adults. Our drug candidates, maralixibat and volixibat, target the bile acid accumulation from cholestasis, and we believe our approach can address the underlying cause of symptoms, liver damage, and clinical outcomes. Our goal is to give families their lives back.
Mirum’s objective is to build the leading liver disease company. The Corporate Development team plays an integral role in fueling the strategic growth of Mirum by optimizing its products via partnerships and by building the pipeline through various transactions which include licensing and M&A.
The Director of Corporate Development will be responsible for leading Search and Evaluation activities as part of the Corporate Development team. This person will work cross-functionally to identify and evaluate licensing and acquisition opportunities including early-stage technologies and clinical-stage assets.
- Lead Search and Evaluation activities as part of the Corporate Development team
- Work with internal stakeholders and the leadership team to review and prioritize opportunities
- Identify and evaluate external licensing and acquisition opportunities including early-stage technologies and clinical-stage assets in the field
- Represent Mirum at external business meetings and scientific conferences.
- Manage company’s R&D partnerships as alliance manager
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to help advance projects through the internal review and approval process.
- Strong scientific background and experience; Ph.D. or equivalent required
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Track record of sourcing deals and managing partnerships successfully
- Experience identifying and evaluating assets required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills to prioritize issues, generate critical insights, and formulate strategic recommendations.
- Excellent understanding of drug development, commercialization, and regulatory process.
- Team player – ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with all internal stakeholders and management.
- Broad knowledge of biopharmaceutical industry, competitive landscape, and ongoing trends in science and technology
- Ability to work independently – can-do attitude and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight timelines, and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams and key decisionmakers
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.