Mirum focuses on finding and developing drugs for difficult-to-treat liver diseases. Our programs are focused on cholestatic liver disease in children and adults. Our drug candidates, maralixibat and volixibat, target the bile acid accumulation from cholestasis, and we believe our approach can address the underlying cause of symptoms, liver damage, and clinical outcomes. Our goal is to give families their lives back.
Mirum is seeking a person to help lead business operations in Europe. This newly created role will be integral in assisting in building out Mirum’s International presence. Reporting to the CFO with dotted line to Head of International Region the candidate will play a key role in executing a broad range of activities including business operations, financial planning, budgeting, liaising with partners/distributors, supporting European HR, and facility planning.
- Develop and lead the finance function in the region.
- Help build the Mirum culture and be an effective bridge between the US and EU employees.
- Assist in developing and executing a financial strategy optimizing the regional operations, in alignment with business strategy and considering the external economic environment.
- Build and optimize processes to prepare for growth in the region.
- Support completion and maintenance of supply chain agreements for Mirum products across the International region.
- Work closely with US accounting, finance, communications, HR, legal and, tax teams to provide on the ground regional support.
- Oversee business operations and planning, including process mapping and continuous improvement of non-GxP processes.
- Responsible for Facilities and IT management within the region.
- Collaborate with legal partners in international corporate structure design and implementation.
- Maintain consistent oversight of all European corporate entities.
- Manage and lead cross-functional projects including Commercial, Medical, Access, Quality, Supply Chain, Finance, Legal, Compliance & HR, in order to support integrated business strategies & execution.
- Act as a strong and active contributor to the local team in order to shape the present and the future of the local Mirum organization.
- Ensure seamless planning of budgeting and financial cycles.
- Master’s degree or MBA preferred
- 8+ years of relevant experience in pharmaceutical or biotech industries including the following:
- Financial planning and analysis, accounting
- Distributor management
- Proven experience managing and leading through a time of transformation and growth
- Experience working for a US-based pharmaceutical/biotech a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong business acumen with a solid background in the pharma/biotech industry
- Ability to work in a geographical and culturally diverse environment
- Experience and demonstrated success with product launches
- Senior leadership and Board interactions
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.