Mirum focuses on finding and developing drugs for difficult to treat liver diseases. Our lead program is focused on two severe liver diseases in children, Alagille syndrome and progressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis (PFIC). Both conditions can result in severe itching, liver damage and a need for liver transplant. Based on a wealth of data from clinical trials spanning multiple years and involving more than one hundred patients, we believe our approach can address the underlying cause of symptoms and liver damage. Our goal is to give families their lives back.
Establish and manage supply chain for global distribution of commercial products. Oversee vendors supporting clinical supplies for multiple multi-national studies. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision, and who is seeking to be part of an innovative and fast-paced team.
- Oversee all operations for the supply chain management function, including European supply chain activities.
- Responsible for the set-up of supply chain systems and processes from development to commercial
- Draft corresponding SOPS for inventory management, cold-chain distribution, and recalls.
- Own the planning process to ensure we are executing to the future sales forecast and communicate internally and to CMOs.
- Lead negotiation efforts for major contracts and distribution agreements. Create and optimize contracts and budget processes for value add and maximum effectiveness. Establish and oversee trade compliance for global commercial product distribution for full compliance with all local and international requirements and regulations.
- Selection and implementation of distribution network/3PL for all product distribution.
- Keep abreast of any changes in regulatory requirements that may impact our supply chain efforts and distribution.
- Initiate and manage high-value intercontinental shipments.
- Support new products and product improvements by participating in cross functional core teams, including responsibility for infrastructure and documentation.
- B.A./B.S. preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in Pharmaceutical operations and supplier management functions.
- Must have previous experience with pharmaceutical, commercial supply operations, preferable in a small company.
- European supply chain experience needed.
- Successful vendor management experience.
- Experience in a biotech or biopharma environment.
- Proven understanding of global pharmaceutical distribution requirements.
- Experience establishing pharmaceutical supply chain systems and networks are essential.
- Experience with cold chain would be beneficial.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to lead complex contractual negotiations with a deep understanding of financial considerations when it comes to procurement and supply chain.
- Understands and wants to work in a small company environment and is a “doer”.
- Proactive, shows good judgement, anticipates future consequences, and can make decisions decisively in the face of ambiguity.
- Can apply knowledge to new situations.
- Creates a sense of partnership with vendors but can be direct when needed.
- Can work closely with other functional areas.
- Thinks outside the box and can come up with creative solutions when faced with challenges.
- Can prioritize (and quickly re-prioritize as needed) and multi-task.
- Not afraid to speak up when there is a better way to do something.
- Has integrity, honesty, conscientiousness, is team-oriented and willing to jump in wherever needed, and organized.