Mirum focuses on finding and developing drugs for difficult to treat liver diseases. Our lead program is focused on two severe liver diseases in children, Alagille syndrome and progressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis (PFIC). Both conditions can result in severe itching, liver damage and a need for liver transplant. Based on a wealth of data from clinical trials spanning multiple years and involving more than one hundred patients, we believe our approach can address the underlying cause of symptoms and liver damage. Our goal is to give families their lives back.
The medical science liaison (MSL) is a field-based Medical Affairs professional who is primarily responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with thought leaders and other healthcare professionals (HCPs) as well as engaging in scientific exchange in their assigned territory. This individual will also serve as a scientific resource and scientific expert in the support of medical affairs and related activities such as medical congress staffing, advisory boards and cross-collaborative initiatives.
- Identifies, can gain access to, and develops professional relationships with thought leaders and other healthcare professionals, active and potential study investigators, and professional organizations within their assigned geography.
- Supports research initiatives across development and provides support to clinical site investigators.
- Serve as a liaison between HCPs who express interest in conducting investigator-initiated research to facilitate review and consideration of research proposals.
- Engages in scientific exchange in response to thought leader requests.
- Can effectively articulate relevant scientific and clinical information relative to the therapeutic area to HCPs and researchers.
- Utilizes scientific resources to deliver impactful presentations to varying audiences and in a variety of different settings including (but not limited to) advisory boards, patient advocacy groups, and payors.
- Provides accurate and unbiased assessment of community needs to senior management.
- Within PhRMA guidelines, supports company-sponsored research, investigator-initiated research, and publications.
- Supports planning and execution of advisory boards.
- Stays abreast of emerging scientific literature and clinical data.
- Supports the congress and conference strategy, providing scientific support and communication of scientific insights.
- Fully compliant with all company SOPs, regulatory requirements, and applicable laws including PhRMA guidelines for field-based employees.
- Completes other responsibilities in a timely manner, as assigned.
- Advanced science or clinical degree (e.g. MD, DO, Pharm.D., PhD, NP, PA).
- 5+ years field Medical Science Liaison experience preferred.
- Rare disease experience or prior experience in hepatology and/or gastroenterology preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate scientific information.
- Strong oral, written, and communication skills.
- Able to travel frequently, up to 60% overnight travel and has a valid drivers’ license.
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and willingness to learn new applications.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Launch experience preferred.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.