Mirum focuses on finding and developing drugs for difficult-to-treat liver diseases. Our programs are focused on cholestatic liver disease in children and adults. Our drug candidates, maralixibat and volixibat, target the bile acid accumulation from cholestasis, and we believe our approach can address the underlying cause of symptoms, liver damage, and clinical outcomes. Our goal is to give families their lives back.
The Payer Account Lead East is responsible for oversight of assigned payer, IDNs, and emerging account relationships for Mirum Pharmaceuticals. This role will be tasked with positioning Mirum as an innovator in the cholestatic liver disease space, establishing access for Mirum’s portfolio of products, ensuring that account clinical criteria are aligned to evidence-based medicine, and working with accounts to position maralixibat early in the treatment paradigm prior to patients progressing to liver transplant.
- Develop and execute business strategies that establish Mirum Pharmaceuticals and our transformative pipeline of products as an innovator in the cholestatic liver disease space.
- Represent Mirum Pharmaceuticals in all business-to-business discussions in assigned payer, IDNs, and emerging accounts
- Position Mirum as an innovative organization poised to invoke real change in the treatment of cholestatic liver disease, and transform the standard of care
- Represent the interest of Mirum Pharmaceuticals with the highest regard in reference to compliant, legal, and ethical behavior
- Establish formulary position and influence change within assigned accounts
- Establish and maintain formulary position in assigned accounts
- Align utilization management criteria to label, evidence-based guidelines, and commercial brand strategy
- Create an urgency in strategic & emerging accounts that prioritizes mutually beneficial business outcomes without the need for direct contracting
- Work with strategic partners to implement initiatives that prioritize maralixibat early in treatment in order to lower the incidence of members progressing to liver transplant
- Work across the account (medical, pharmacy, case management) to improve the disease journey for patients
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of market and key customer issues
- Leverage a strong understanding of the national, regional, and local healthcare environment
- Educate internal constituents on customers and emerging trends in the market
- Understand common reimbursement challenges and work with internal and external partners to streamline fulfillment processes
- Understand key customer issues such as legislation, public policy, mergers & acquisitions, IT capabilities, inventory management/distribution, and competitive activity
- Lead by example in dealing with new and ambiguous situations
- Lead workstreams and projects as assigned
- Develop resources to support the launch of maralixibat
- Progress strategies for difficult to access accounts/segments
- Advance account-specific reimbursement tactics, messaging, and resources for field sales
- Project manage vendor-owned initiatives that offer tools to support Market Access (data, market research, etc.)
- Other project work as assigned
- Experience with specialty pharmacy is required
- 8 years of experience in 2 or more of the following functions is required: National and Regional Payer Account Management, Patient Services/HUB, Reimbursement, Specialty Pharmacy, Clinical Pharmacy Decision Making, Sales Leadership, Commercial Operations, Market Access, Marketing, Medical Affairs, Managed Care Pharmacy, and Rare Disease
- Candidates with 2 or more years of account management experience, experience working for a managed care organization, experience with rare disease, and those with specialty pharmacy experience are preferred
- Advanced degree preferred (MD, PharmD, MBA)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Employ strong organizational and analytical skills to optimize growth, including the ability to analyze complex data to develop strategic and actionable business plans
- Demonstrated experience managing large cross-functional groups and projects is required
- Demonstrated ability to manage through significant change
- Ability to fiercely prioritize, work well in ambiguity, be decisive, manage time, and be forward-thinking
- Subject matter expert within the Market Access space, including knowledge of pharmacy and medical benefit design, recent legislative changes, commercial, Medicaid (state and managed), and Medicare.
- Influences without authority and successfully collaborates and negotiates to align cross-functional interests.
- Proactively collaborates with the field to help identify and address opportunities and barriers to access and uptake
- Ability to anticipate and resolve problems effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate efficiently with people in diverse settings
- Ability to partner with other customer-facing teams and ensure customer needs are met
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.