Mirum focuses on finding and developing drugs for difficult-to-treat liver diseases. Our programs are focused on cholestatic liver disease in children and adults. Our drug candidates, maralixibat and volixibat, target the bile acid accumulation from cholestasis, and we believe our approach can address the underlying cause of symptoms, liver damage, and clinical outcomes. Our goal is to give families their lives back.
The Senior Director, US Marketing will serve as the internal Brand Champion directing all Marketing initiatives (Patient, Caregiver, and HCP) for successful commercialization while leading the launch of maralixibat in the US market.
- Development and execution of best-in-class cross-functional US Launch & Brand Plans, inclusive of market development, disease education, brand strategies, and tactical plans, to meet and exceed corporate objectives, on time and on budget.
- Responsible for the successful implementation of the brand strategy and corresponding tactics for the US launch of maralixibat, including: direct to patient/caregiver initiatives, HCP promotion and communication, and key opinion leader programs.
- Partner with VP, Sales & Marketing, EU GM, and Distributor Markets lead to implement and execute Global Brand Team & Plans.
- Lead projects through the MLR review process.
- Lead the US marketing initiatives, monitor the progress of these initiatives and adjust appropriately to optimize patient access and customer uptake.
- Partner closely with Sales to understand market/customer needs and evolve plans and tactics accordingly.
- Partner with market research team on primary & secondary market research projects that optimize decision making and market intelligence. Translate insights into brand and operational activities aligned with strategic imperatives.
- Work collaboratively with Sales, Market Access & Insights, Patient Advocacy, Medical Affairs, Finance, Supply Chain and others to accomplish goals.
- Successfully develop and manage budgets while setting metrics to assess impact of initiatives.
- Ensure the activities under his/her responsibilities are in line with the company policies and procedures. Ensure strict adherence to compliance guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience with increasing levels of responsibility across commercial disciplines in marketing and sales, predominantly in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Launch experience.
- Rare/ultra-rare, patient-centric commercial experience desired. Pediatric and/or liver experience is a plus. Market development experience in un-commercialized markets, including supporting patient identification efforts, is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Track record of successful brand marketing required.
- Self-motivated and self-directed team player with ability to succeed in highly entrepreneurial and nimble small company environment.
- Flexible, adaptable, diplomatic, and able to effectively deal with ambiguity.
- Integrative decision-making and ability to prioritize, considering alternatives and trade-offs based on logical assumptions, available resources, constraints and organizational values.
- Strong business acumen with solid scientific knowledge.
- Strong leadership and ability to drive influence across stakeholders to set direction, align work efforts and ensure flawless execution.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively present ideas, get buy-in and drive consensus within the commercial organization.
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.