Mirum focuses on finding and developing drugs for difficult-to-treat liver diseases. Our programs are focused on cholestatic liver disease in children and adults. Our drug candidates, maralixibat and volixibat, target the bile acid accumulation from cholestasis, and we believe our approach can address the underlying cause of symptoms, liver damage, and clinical outcomes. Our goal is to give families their lives back.
Mirum’s objective is to build the leading liver disease company. The Corporate Development team plays an integral role in fueling the strategic growth of Mirum by optimizing its products via partnerships and by building the pipeline through various transactions which include licensing and M&A.
The Senior Manager of Corporate Development will play a critical role on the team and will be responsible for supporting Mirum’s search & evaluation, transactions, and partnership/collaboration activities. This role will report to the Vice President of Corporate Development and will work closely with other members of the team. Key responsibilities will include leading analysis of deals, providing transaction support, and managing alliances.
- Lead the analyses for in-licensing, out-licensing, and partnering projects including landscape assessment, deal comps, commercial assessment, financial modeling, and valuation.
- Help to identify and analyze new product opportunities, markets, and companies in strategic focus areas.
- Monitor new data events, presentations, scientific and clinical literatures, and news releases.
- Manage alliances with partners and position Mirum as partner of choice.
- Manage data room and competitive intelligence sources.
- Help prepare Corporate Development updates and presentations for leadership team and Board.
- Represent Mirum as a Corporate Development representative at external scientific and business meetings.
- Support the drafting and negotiation of term sheets and agreements.
- Work collaboratively with Corporate Development colleagues to help advance projects through the internal review and approval process.
- BS (preferably financial, scientific, or technical).
- MBA preferred.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in healthcare consulting, investment banking, pharmaceutical, or biotech, preferably with deal transaction experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills to prioritize issues, generate critical insights and formulate strategic recommendations.
- Excellent understanding of drug development, commercialization and regulatory process.
- Excellent understanding of financial modeling and valuation methodologies.
- Team player – ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with all internal stakeholders and management.
- Resourceful and eager to explore new areas of product innovation.
- Ability to work independently – can-do attitude and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight timelines, and sense of urgency.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.