Mirum focuses on finding and developing drugs for difficult to treat liver diseases. Our programs are focused on cholestatic liver diseases in children and adults. Our drug candidates, maralixibat and volixibat, target the bile acid accumulation from cholestasis, and we believe our approach can address the underlying cause of symptoms, liver damage, and clinical outcomes. Our goal is to give families their lives back.
The US Payer Accounts Lead will lead and build world class infrastructure for optimal US reimbursement and key payer account relationships (commercial health plans, Medicaid, Managed Medicaid, etc.) for the launch of maralixibat as well as the overall company portfolio. This position will play a critical role in shaping the US payer strategy, messaging and the payer account team’s toolkit. They will be responsible for developing strategic relationships and securing formulary access for Mirum products in alignment with the execution of commercial brand strategy. They will also be responsible for direct managing the relationships for national accounts.
- Builds and leads the Mirum’s payer account team to ensure rapid payer and institutional formulary adoption for maralixibat.
- Partners with Brand Marketing, Medical Affairs, and HEOR to develop messages and tools to ensure that maralixibat’s value is well-articulated and understood by payer customers.
- Provides input into the underlying strategy of payer contracting and ensures account team achieves price and access objectives.
- Ensures that payer account team customer engagements are compliant and legal.
- Directly manages relationships and executing strategies and tactics with national payer customer accounts.
- Ensures timely and accurate collection and dissemination of payer coverage metrics to cross functional team members and senior management.
- Partners closely with Brand Marketing, Sales, Commercial Operations and Channel and Patient Support Services to help identify and address opportunities and barriers to access and uptake.
- Collaborates with functions throughout the firm in achieving commercial goals and supporting the progress of the business and the brands.
- Develops and administers budgets, resource plans and performance objectives for his/her team in alignment with brand objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant business experience in pharmaceutical healthcare sector required.
- US payer national accounts experience.
- Experience managing a team of account professionals.
- Experience in new product launches (rare disease highly preferred)
- Experience with products listed on the pharmacy benefit.
- Experience supporting a product with significant Medicaid mix desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Established payer customer relationships (commercial and public payers).
- Subject Matter expert within the Market Access to include knowledge of pharmacy and medical benefits designs, recent legislative changes, Commercial, Medicaid and Medicare (FFS and Managed).
- Influences without authority and successfully collaborates and negotiates to align cross-functional interests.
- Demonstrated strategic acumen.
- Ability to understand and analyze market data.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to anticipate and resolve problems effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people in diverse and different settings.
- Motivates team members; fosters and nurtures teamwork.
- Self-motivated and self-directed team player with ability to succeed in highly entrepreneurial and nimble small company environment.
- Travel up to 50%.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com