Associate Director, Program Management (International)
Mirum focuses on finding and developing drugs for difficult-to-treat liver diseases. Our programs are focused on cholestatic liver disease in children and adults. Our drug candidates, maralixibat and volixibat, target the bile acid accumulation from cholestasis, and we believe our approach can address the underlying cause of symptoms, liver damage, and clinical outcomes. Our goal is to give families their lives back.
The Associate Director, Program Management (International) will partner with the International team functional leads to develop and manage the integrated plan for the international activities including supporting strategy, developing timelines, coordinating the execution of international activities both internally and with partners/distributors, and ensuring adherence to the budget for one of our cholestatic liver disease programs.
- Supports the international team with setting and the timely execution of the international strategies and plans including development, manufacturing and commercial
- Develops and maintains integrated international program timelines and budget in conjunction with functional leads
- Tracks deliverables until completion; escalates issues raised by the functional leads, as needed
- Identifies and communicates priorities and critical path activities to international team
- Identifies activity interdependencies, proactively identifies potential risks and issues, and sets mitigation plans in conjunction with functional leads
- Coordinates internal functions to ensure appropriate resources for partner/distributorship success and for early identification of resourcing constraints
- Manages effective and efficient international team meetings including scheduling, setting agenda, ensuring status reports completed on schedule, drafting minutes, and following up on action items until resolution
- Aligns different ways of working across collaboration partners and distributors to ensure efficient international team operations
- Plans, schedules and facilitates partner/distributor working group meetings
- Partners closely with alliance management by providing international team insights to optimize partnership interactions, ensuring practical and effective structure with partners/distributors, and for early escalation of alliance issues
- Represents International team at Product Team meetings
- Partner with accounting to manage international budget including ensuring accurate and timely accruals, identification of out of scope activities, and early identification of potential budget variances
- Coordinate and manage special program-related projects, as assigned
- Contributes to the standardization of project management best practices at Mirum
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in scientific/healthcare/business field
- Experience (5+ years) in clinical development or pharmaceutical commercial operations and project management (Biotech/small pharma experience preferred).
- Experience in rare disease and/or liver disease is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with team members creating an environment that fosters successful teamwork, collaboration and cooperation
- Thorough understanding of clinical development and/or pharmaceutical commercial operations
- Demonstrated ability to prepare timelines and present related information to management.
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage budgets including communication of overspend/underspend.
- Proven ability to identify risks, propose mitigation strategies, and remove barriers to success.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work collaboratively with international team leads to establish priorities for team.
- Strong knowledge of project management software packages and the Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook; ability to create effective presentations for internal and external use
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands, across time-zones, while maintaining positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, complete tasks to deadlines and support product team in doing the same.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Displays a high level of professionalism with internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of current regulatory requirements and guidelines governing clinical development. (e.g. ICH/GCP/GMP).
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.