Manager, International Accounting
Mirum focuses on finding and developing drugs for difficult-to-treat liver diseases. Our programs are focused on cholestatic liver disease in children and adults. Our drug candidates, maralixibat and volixibat, target the bile acid accumulation from cholestasis, and we believe our approach can address the underlying cause of symptoms, liver damage, and clinical outcomes. Our goal is to give families their lives back.
As the Manager International Accounting for the accounting team, you’ll work closely with the Assistant Controller to oversee and manage the accounting activities for our foreign subsidiaries. This is a newly created position to address our expanding foreign operations and requires a thorough understanding of consolidations, foreign currency translation and intercompany transactions. In addition, you will be responsible for the accounting of our global manufacturing and supply chain activities. You will utilize your existing accounting skills and knowledge, learn new skills, and play a key role as a member of our growing finance and accounting team.
- Oversee and manage the accounting activities for foreign subsidiaries, including intercompany sales, royalties, service agreements and currency translation
- Ensure compliance with international accounting policies, procedures, and controls for international legal entities.
- Work with local accounting teams to ensure that transactions are accurately and timely recorded in the local financial statements as well as the financial statements of the parent company.
- Manage the monthly close process for the international offices, including the review of financial reporting packages, preparation and recording of journal entries, and maintenance of foreign exchange.
- Assist in the consolidation of international subsidiaries
- Assist with transitioning the foreign accounting activities to NetSuite to create an integrated global financial reporting system
- Perform accruals for all outsourced global manufacturing and supply chain activities
- Assist with the monthly close process including account reconciliations/analyses for balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Asist with flux analyses to ensure that all results are proper and prepared in accordance with US GAAP guidelines
- Assist with the annual audit of the consolidated financial statements and local foreign statutory audits, when required.
- Develop and document key accounting processes and controls for international offices
- Assist in preparation of US GAAP financial statements and footnotes
- Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to participating in special projects, system improvements or ad hoc analyses/projects as assigne
- Strong US GAAP and international accounting experience – biotech industry, public company
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience with accounting and financial reporting, public auditor experience (EY, Deloitte, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of accounting for foreign subsidiaries and consolidations
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Hands-on experience in managing general ledger related functions, including familiarity with accounting software such as NetSuite or similar (NetSuite experience with consolidation and foreign currency reporting a plus)
- Bachelor or master’s degree in accounting
- Public company experience preferred
- Biotech research and development accounting experience preferred
- CPA preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- A positive, self-confident and decisive work ethic with excellent communication skills in both oral and written formats, as well as excellent listening skills
- Self-motivated and self-managed – able to think independently and creatively
- Ability to build and scale processes with strong analytical skills
- Strong understanding of internal controls and SOX compliance.
- Energy to commit to a fast-paced environment
- Must be detail oriented yet not lost in the details
- A team player and able to support other departments to achieve objective
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.